It was lovely, really.
You see, I'm in love with my bed - it's where I do all my best reading, writing, thinking, dreaming. And so it was great to have a perfectly legitimate excuse to be able to spend hours and hours there, a roll of toilet paper at my side to keep the liquids at bay - and vintage magazines scattered all around me.
This past week as I paged through my magazines, my head was too foggy to focus on anything but the photos and illustrations - and I decided to make a game of finding as many interesting vintage hats as I could. And then I chose my favorite, based on my current state of mind:
Still mourning, but surrounded in the color of hope. Cautious, but open to new possibilities. Watching, waiting...peacefully.
So here's the winner. Not exactly a hat, but a gorgeous scarf of "coral-red fired with gold" to match the Dorothy Gray lipstick.
"Jewel of India - golden coral with a soul of flame." Dorothy Gray lipstick advertisement - McCall's magazine, May 1960. 


No comments:
Post a Comment