Actually, he's really not vain at all. I can't imagine him watching himself gavotte while wearing a hat dipped below one eye and a scarf of apricot. I tend not to date men who like to gavotte. I'll happily leave those men for Carly Simon.
So...no, he's not vain. But he wouldn't be too far off track in thinking that this blog is about him. Let's just say that he was a major source of inspiration.
The "he" I'm referring to, by the way, is a recent ex-boyfriend. The same one who told me - "If it doesn't kill you, it'll make you stronger."
Those words give away quite a bit about his character: This is a man who sets goals and follows through. He's determined, consistent and disciplined. There's not one lazy, procrastinating bone in his body.
Basically, he's everything that I am not. And I admire him for it. While we were dating, I think part of my motivation for wanting to get closer (besides the fact that he's so damn attractive) is that I was hoping that some of it would rub off.
Well, no such luck. I was, and still am, the world's worst procrastinator. I am capable of being incredibly determined and disciplined up to a point, especially if I get excited about something. But my excitement (and the discipline that went along with it) tends to fizzle out as soon as the goal starts to feel like work. I get bored easily, I think, and then I'm on to something new. That's not a very good habit, is it?
Okay...I think you should know something about me. I do have a tendency to exaggerate my flaws. For one thing, I am not the world's worst procrastinator. I am pleased to say that, even though I was in a bit of a panic the night before, I got my tax returns completed and in the mail by 11:30 a.m. on April 15. I had over twelve hours to spare! A true world's worst procrastinator would have been driving to the post office at five minutes to midnight...or filing an extension...or missing the deadline completely.
But I can do better. Not so long ago, I wanted to do better for the ex-boyfriend. (Sad, isn't it?) Now I just want to do it for me. And I want to make it fun.
I have some ideas in mind, but I'm still working them out. Bear with me, while I figure out the details. Stay posted!
This one's kind of fun. Mick and Carly together again. Take a look!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment